Math PD Survey (Post-PD Version): Process
We would like to learn about your experiences in the __________ program. In particular, we would like to know how you assess the contents, format and other features, and the impact of this PD. For each of the items, please rate the extent to which the following statement is true for you.
This PD included…
- Time for teachers to have “hands-on” experience.
- Personal contact with coaches.
- Opportunities for teachers attending PD to discuss the material presented with each other.
- Opportunities to discuss the material presented with teachers who have not attended the PD.
- Opportunities for teachers attending PD to discuss the material presented with school administrators.
- Coaching or mentoring in the classroom from a professional development instructor.
- Role-playing to illustrate the suggested strategies.
- Time to practice with instructional materials (e.g., manipulatives).
- Instructional materials that teachers can take with them.
- Observations of PD instructors’ teaching in a classroom (on site or video).
- Observations of teachers in PD implementing new instructional approaches in their classroom (in person or video).
- Observations of master teachers demonstrating prescribed teaching practices (in person or video).
- Other __________________________
It is recommended that these items be used with a 7-point response scale that is anchored at the endpoints and in the middle with the following terms: Not at all true, Somewhat true, and Completely true.