Math PD Survey (Post-PD Version): Impact on Students
We would like to learn about your experiences in the __________ program. In particular, we would like to know how you assess the contents, format and other features, and the impact of this PD. For each of the items, please rate the extent to which the following statement is true for you.
To what extent has applying the instructional ideas/strategies presented in this PD increased students’…
- Interest in math?
- Competence in math?
- Confidence in their math ability?
- Beliefs in the utility of math?
- Beliefs that math is an important subject to learn?
- Motivation to perform well on tests?
- Motivation to do their homework?
- Motivation to attend class?
- Motivation to work with classmates to study math?
- Motivation to seek help when needed?
- Other __________________________
It is recommended that these items be used with a 7-point response scale that is anchored at the endpoints and in the middle with the following terms: Not at all helpful (0), Somewhat helpful (3), and Extremely helpful (6).
|Item||Mean||SD||r with PDM
*Note: All correlations are statistically significant at p < .0001