Math PD Survey (Pre-PD Version): General vs. Specific Content (Impact)
__________ is offering professional development (PD) for math teachers that you may or may not wish to attend. We would like to know whether the contents, format and other features of PD that are listed in this survey will make it more or less likely that you would be motivated to attend. For each of them, you will be asked to indicate whether you would be much less likely, neither more nor less likely, or much more likely to attend PD.
To what extent do you think it is likely that after participating in this PD you will be more capable of applying instructional ideas/strategies that…
- Are applicable to teaching subjects in addition to math?
- Are only for math?
- Are only for my specific math specialty (e.g., algebra, geometry)?
- Are targeted for the grade level(s) I teach?
- Provide information about how to modify teaching strategies for students with different ability levels?
- Offer information about teaching students with special needs?
- Focus on English Language Learners?
- Help teachers with students’ family issues?
- Are difficult to implement in the classroom?
- Focus on issues related to student race/ethnicity?
- Concern students at the lower end of the socio-economic scale?
- Are “grab and go” – specifically designed to be easily adapted techniques to use in math class?
- Other __________________________
It is recommended that these items be used with a 7-point response scale that is anchored at the endpoints and in the middle with the following terms: Much less likely, Neither more nor less likely, and Much more likely.