Teacher Scales and Sample Items – Efficacy for Teaching English Language Learners
I am confident that I can…
- Adapt instruction for students who are English Language Learners
- Adapt my instruction so that even students who are English Language Learners can master the material.
- Help students who are English Language learners understand the material in my classes.
- Promote real understanding of the material in English Language Learners.
- Help students who are English Language Learners succeed in my classes.
- Adapt classroom instruction to meet the needs of a culturally and linguistically diverse student population.
It is recommended that these items be used on a 5-point scale that is anchored at the endpoints and in the middle with the following options: Not at all confident, Somewhat confident, and Very confident.