Teacher Scales and Sample Items – Efficacy for Supporting Student Motivation
I am confident that I can…
- Motivate students who seem uninterested in mathematics.
- Get students to believe they can do well in mathematics.
- Help my students value learning mathematics.
- Get through to even the most unmotivated students.
- Get students excited about mathematics.
- Motivate students to keep trying when they feel discouraged and want to give up.
It is recommended that these items be used on a 5-point scale that is anchored at the endpoints and in the middle with the following options: Not at all confident, Somewhat confident, and Very confident.